The diagnosis of an intervertebral disc herniation sounds like a sentence to some people. The picture of operating and surgical instruments is immediately drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* have poor heredity.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. The cause of the pathology may be atrophy of the back muscles due to sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Symptoms of lumbar hernia
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. The mobility of vertebrae in the lower part is limited.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient experiences general weakness and fatigue quickly. The groin is the area where sensitivity decreases.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. Even if the patient is not turning, severe pain can be felt. Therefore, it is a good idea to return your entire torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. Diagnosis is performed by X-ray, MRI and CT. An X-ray will clearly show a protrusion between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
For additional information about gryzha diska view our site: visit here