The diagnosis of an intervertebral disc herniation sounds like a sentence to some people. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. In fact, everything is not so scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia and other localizations are protrusions of the disc nucleus, which appeared as a result of partial or complete rupture of the fibrous ring – the outer shell. Hernia, provoked by excessive physical activity, is dangerous risk of restriction of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* Have poor genetics.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Symptoms of lumbar hernia
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Painful shots can be taken even if you are lifting very small weights off the ground in your waist.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. Even if the patient is not turning, severe pain can be felt. Therefore, it is a good idea to return your entire torso.
2. The shoulder is numb, and the pain spreads to the wrist.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
Hypertension may accompany the main symptoms.
It is not necessary to have all the signs at once, and a visual inspection will not give anything. Diagnosis is performed by X-ray, MRI and CT. An X-ray will clearly show a protrusion between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
To read more about mezhpozvonochnaya gryzha go the best web portal